Why Word Of Life Community Exists
To Know God and Make Him Known
As the Word of Life Community, we want to see this city and the region transformed from a place of religious bondage and darkness into a place of freedom and light. We want the City of Columbus, to truly be a place of Power and Progress, because the living Power of the Holy Spirit is alive and flowing in the life of every believer in Jesus Christ (Act 1:8).
We are speaking the Words of Life to everyone so what HE has planned for us can be truly manifested.
Our Core Values
Pursue the Presence of God We welcome His manifested Presence through worship, prayer, and our interactions with Him and others. We are completely submitted to Holy Spirit.
- Authentic Living We are genuine, honest, and transparent in our relationships with God and people.
Loving Generously We express the love of Christ in how we love our family, friends, and all people; making ourselves a conduit of God's love in our city and across the world.
Generous in Action We give of ourselves through our time, gifts, and resources to honor God and see His Kingdom advance.
Statement of Faith
- The Scriptures Inspired (2 Timothy 3:15-17; Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Peter 1:21) The scriptures, both the Old and the New Testaments, are inspired of God and are the revelation of God to man, the infallible, authoritative rule of faith and conduct.
- The One True God (Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 43:10-11; Matthew 28:19; Luke 3:22) The one true God has revealed Himself as the eternally self-existent "I AM," the Creator of heaven and earth and the Redeemer of mankind. He has further revealed Himself as an embodiment of the principles of relationship and association as Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- The Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ (Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:31; Act 2:22) The Lord Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God.
- The Fall of Man (Genesis 1:26-27; Genesis 3:6; Romans 5:12-19) Man was created good and upright; God said, "Let us make man in our own image, after our likeness." However, man, by voluntary transgression, fell and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death, which is separation from God.
- The Salvation of Man (Luke 24:47; John 3:3; Romans 10:13-15; Ephesians 2:8) Man's only hope of redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ the Son of God. Salvation is received through repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. By the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit and being justified by grace through faith, man becomes an heir of God according to the hope of eternal Life.
- The Ordinances of the Church: Baptism in Water and Holy Communion (Matthew 28:19; Mark 16:16) The ordinance of baptism by immersion is commanded by the Scriptures. All who repent and believe in Christ as our Savior and Lord are to be baptized. Thus, they declare to the world that they have died with Christ and that they have been raised with Him to walk in newness of life.
- The Baptism in the Holy Spirit (Luke 24:49; Acts 1:4; Acts 1:8; 1 Corinthians 12:1-31) All believers are entitled to, and should, ardently expect and earnestly seek the promise of the Father, the baptism in the Holy Spirit and fire, according to the command of our Lord Jesus Christ. This was the normal experience of all those in the early Christian Church. With it comes the endowment of power for life and service, the bestowment of the gifts and their uses in the work of the ministry.
- The Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:4-10) The baptism of believers in the Holy Spirit is witnessed by the initial physical sign of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit of God Gives them utterance.
- Sanctification (Romans 12:1- 2; Thessalonians 5:23; Hebrews 13:12; 1 Peter 1:15-16) Sanctification is an act of separation from that which is evil, and of dedication unto God.
- The Church and its Mission (Ephesians 1:22-23; Hebrews 12:23, Acts 1:8) The Church is the Body of Christ, the dwelling place of God through the Spirit, with divine appointments for the fulfillment of "the Church's" great commission. Each believer, born of the Spirit, is an integral part of the Church and is called to build a unified body mature in faith and knowledge of Jesus Christ.
- The Ministry (Mark 16:15-20; John 4:23-24; Ephesians 4:11-16; Psalms 112:9) A divinely called and scripturally ordained ministry has been provided by our Lord for the threefold purpose of leading the Church in Evangelization of the world, Worship of God, and Building a body of saints being perfected in the image of His Son.
- Divine Healing (Isaiah 53:4-5; Matthew 8:16-17; James 5:14-16) Divine healing is an integral part of the gospel. Deliverance from sickness is provided for in the atonement, and is the privilege of all believers.
- The Blessed Hope (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; Romans 8:23; Titus 2:13) The resurrection of those who have fallen asleep in Christ and their translation together with those who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord is the imminent and blessed hope of the church.
- The Millennial Reign of Christ (Zechariah 14:5; Matthew 24:27; Revelation 19:11-14) The second coming of Christ includes the rapture of the saints, which is our blessed hope, followed by the visible return of Christ with his saints to reign on earth for one thousand years.
- The Final Judgement (Matthew 25:46; Mark 9:43-48 Revelation 20:11-15) There will be a final judgment in which the wicked dead will be raised and judged according to their works. Anyone whose name is not found written in the Book of Life, together with the devil, his angels, the beast, and the false prophets, will be consigned to the everlasting punishment in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.
- The New Heavens and the New Earth (2 Peter 3:13; Revelation 21, 22) “According to His promise, we look for new heavens and a new earth where righteousness will dwell and reign forever.”